The Adoption Process and Application Form
Thank you for considering adopting a future family member from Stray Hearts Animal Shelter.
By choosing to adopt from us, you are giving an animal in our community a home. Shelter cats and dogs are special and the care and love each animal receives from our Staff and Volunteers prepares them for their forever families and homes.
In addition, our Staff and Volunteers provide behavior training for every dog in our Shelter. Teaching them to be calm, to wait for their food, to walk well on a leash, and the playtime at our Agility Park allows the dogs to remain socialized while waiting for their new home.
We are confident we can help you choose the right animal for your lifestyle.
ANIMALS ADOPTED FROM STRAY HEARTS MUST BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Your new pet will have all required shots unless the animal has not resided long enough with the shelter to facilitate all shots.
Please note the following criteria for adopting an animal Stray Hearts Animal Shelter:
- You must be at least 18 years of age with proper I.D.
- If you currently rent, we must speak to your landlord for permission to bring an animal onto his/her property or you may provide a lease with a pet clause signed by your landlord
- You must have a fenced yard, a kennel that allows the animal normal exercise levels required by the size, temperament and type of animal. THE ANIMAL CANNOT BE CHAINED OUTSIDE.
- All kittens and cats are indoor only and must not go outside with the exception to those labeled indoor/outdoor.
- You should be financially able to provide for the animal's needs. This includes food, supplies, licenses, regular veterinary care, and emergency medical care.
If you meet the above requirements, then it is time to continue to the next step of the journey in finding your new pet. Please call us or stop in to find your new family member. Print and complete an Adoption Application Form and bring it with you to Stray Hearts.
Adoption Fees Cover:
- All vaccinations up to time of adoption
- De worming
- Spay or neuter
- Blood tests for cats
- And an ID tag for dogs
- Pet Health Insurance (Optional)
Services also provided to the public:
- SPAY/NEUTER DEPOSIT - $40
- PUBLIC MICROCHIP - $20
- 1 YEAR RABIES VACCINATION - $15
- ALL OTHER VACCINATIONS, INCLUDING DEWORMER - $12 EACH
- PRINTED PET NAME TAGS - $5 EACH
- ANIMAL CARE FOR RETURN TO OWNER (RTO) - $20 A DAY
- PORTABLE WATER BOWLS - $5